UPLANDS (Paramaethu Sir Gar)
Home of coordinator of monthly 'permablitz' meetings of the local regional group - Paramaerhu Sir Gar.
( acre site of ex-dairy farm, purchased in 2008 and gradually developed to include:
- commercially built passive house;
- commercially converted cattlesheds to 2 semi-detatched, semi-passive cottages with air-cource heat pump;
- half-acre garden of mixed flowers and vegetables, including small forest garden beds and home built polytunnel from recycled materials;
- one acre forest garden including annual vegetable patch beds, roundhouse and ducks!
- 6 acre organic pasture field rented to local organic dairy farmer;
- workshop and storage sheds;
- one acre woodland copse with 3 coppicing coups and 9 beehives, managed by off-site bee-kepers;
- 11 kW wind turbine supplying most of site, including electric car;